Sunday, January 08, 2006

WTBCLB #6-11

More squares have been completed for the Wrap That Baby in a Community of Love Blanket. I met five people at church this morning and they eagerly gave me their squares, wanting (of course) to see the others already handed in! I also met Gerda, the elderly Danish woman who will crochet around all the squares in white, then sew them together, then apply a lace edging. Oh, I can't wait to see it completed!! I love making these group projects. Everyone is so eager and excited and the finished product is worth more than the sum of the parts!!

Here are the squares. Unfortunately, the color of my camera and then the color of the monitors distort the true colors of the Baby Ull.

Barb A. crocheted her square in lavender and yellow.
Deb Ross knit hers in light green.
Amy G. used two strands, one of blue and one of yellow, to make this tree of life.
Julie M. used all four colors in this slip stitch pattern.

Joan S. knit a reverse stitch heart into the center of her green square.

2 comments:

betta said...

this is very fun! :)

i'm miles away and i'm getting excited about it too!

Anonymous said...

It's so beatiful!!!
I love this Blanket!!