Monday, January 23, 2006

Beginning of Semester Blues

Well, the academic semester is one week old and already I am longing for the freedom of summer. I just can't motivate myself to get serious about studying. I am student teaching, at my late age, in the library of a very large high school (2200 students), taking Spanish 204 with lots of young undergrads and taking multicultural children's literature via a web course. This all cuts into my knitting and coffee time, of course. I'd much rather knitting, as my license plate holder on my car says!

I tried to load a photo of the cute baby hat a WTBCLB member made for the blanket-baby. Unfortunately, the loading didn't work here in the SLIS computer lab. Will have to try from at home. This also depressed me since I wanted to share how cute the hat is.

As for the blanket, all the squares were sewn together by the lovely elderly Danish woman and I will pick it up tonight. I am wavering between knitting on a lace edging and knitting on a simple stockinette edging that folds on itself. Hmmmm, which is faster??? I saw the mother to be at church on Sunday and while happy, she looks ready for the hospital!!

For those of you who live on the academic calendar, I hope your semester beginning is more motivated than mine!!

3 comments:

betta said...

animo Gail! que tu puedes con todo eso y mas!!! :)

Sweetpea4kids said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm looking forward to seeing your blanket all sewn together. Good luck with the studies.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Summer will be here before you know it!!